I am so excited to share my five ways to make money from home!
If there’s one thing I’m passionate about, it’s helping moms to make money from home!
I mentioned in my previous post that sometimes I struggled with feeling like I had lost myself in the midst of motherhood. For me, making money is one of those things that helps me feel like “me” again. Plus, I love being about to stay home with my kids while also bringing in an income.
Believe me, I’m a part of multiple mommy groups on FB. I know they’re littered with posts about “MaKiNg MoNeY FrOm HoMe”, and gosh, if MLMs are helping those mamas feel empowered, more power to them! I once had pretty great success with one myself– But, realized I didn’t love having rules and wanted to run my business on my own terms.
Anyway, the point is, I totally believe you can make money from home doing things that you love. I have a bunch of posts coming up dealing with the how of this–But for now, enjoy this list of 5 simple ways you can bring in income for your family from home!
1. Blog. I know. I know! There’s a bunch of people out there claiming that blogging is dead. But, it’s totally not. I haven’t posted on here in over 10 months (before my previous post), and I still receive money from my Google Ads every month. Imagine if I would have kept going.
2. Become a virtual assistant and make a full time income from home! Currently, I have two large clients (and a handful of “smaller” clients), and I am bringing in more than I could at a corporate job with just those alone. I am currently creating a course all about this (SHH!)–Seriously, anyone can do this!
3. Promote companies with Instagram. A lot of times, people think only users with a bunch of followers can make money by posting on Instagram, but there are a bunch of sites who will pay micro influencers $10-$20 per post. This may not seem like a ton, but the more you post, the more you’ll earn!
4. Teach yourself a new skill, and then charge people for it. When I was pregnant with my oldest, I taught myself how to use Photoshop and Illustrator. From there, I taught myself to code and create websites. Now, I have a steady flow of clients and a full blown business. Don’t ever tell yourself you’re too old to learn something new.
5. Go thrifting, clearance shopping, or to estate sales, and then sell your finds for a profit! There are a bunch of great stores that sell items for discounted pricing. Did you know you can make an entire business out of buying and re-selling items? Facebook Marketplace is your BFF!
I feel like I am just scratching the surface here. Believe me, if you love doing something, you can make a living out of it from home! You’ve just gotta make the decision to go for it!